7.15.2005

PR Captain, whatever

So, I'm not the "Honoree captain" for next year's team. I am a little disappointed, since I've been saying for a year that this is what I wanted to do and I had my heart set on it. But, c'est la vie, I am a big girl and I will get over it. Instead I'm the PR captain, which means I'll publicize the shit out of the team (this might be a good time to get in touch with Simon Perez, the Harrisonburg-turned-SF newscaster for KPIX). It's a little more work, with a little less heart....but hopefully in a week or so I won't be quite so offended.

I celebrated by taking my inaugural dip in Stanford's pool. It was awesome - set as long course, no chlorine (it's salinated), and outside in the sun. Perfect. Swam a mile for the third time this week. I planned to celebrate further with a burrito from the sports cafe (it's "burrito thursday") but by the time I got there at 2 pm they were all gone. Instead it was "boring turkey sandwich thursday." Bummer.

53 weeks to go!

No comments: