Friday 4/21 – Swam 2000 meters at lunch, including a timed 30 minute swim (1500). Not the full workout (are you sensing a theme here?) but I did 300 warm-up, timed 30, and a quick cool down. My splits for each 100 m were right on the 2:00, or a 1:49 100 yard. Feel pretty good about that.
Thursday 4/20 – Trainer brick at home. I hate these. Hate them. Was supposed to be 4 x (17 minutes on the bike, and 11 minutes running), for a total of 1:58. Adding in all that changing and hopping back and forth would have added on at least another 20 minutes, so I opted to do all the bike, then go for a run. Rode 68 minutes watching “Six Feet Under” (Netflix has made bank on me the past two months – I keep DVDs for three weeks at a time because I don’t have time to watch them), then ran for 30 minutes. Was pitch black when I finished (8:15 pm) which is why I opted to do 30 min run instead of the prescribed 44. Running alone in dark = scary.
Weds 4/19 – Core training at lunch. Track workout at Kezar at night. Warm, hot, and sunny in Palo Alto. Cold and freezing at Kezar. Just like summer! Warmup for 15 minutes, then 2x800 at Level 7, 2x800 at Level 5, and 200 Rest interval. Times two. My fastest 800 was 3:16, not too bad.
Tues 4/18 – I’m trying to block this out, as it resulted in me being told that my brand new very nice bike is actually too small for me. Through some wheeling and dealing on my behalf, I’m getting the proper sized frame, which is great, but it meant I had to give back the beautiful Ruby for a few weeks until the new one comes in. Rode on the trainer for 30 minutes and then ran for 30 minutes – not at all what we were supposed to do, but something is better than nothing.
Monday 4/17 – Patriot’s Day! No, I didn’t run Boston this year (thanks for all the well wishes, though – I will stock them up for next year!). If you qualify after February 1 of the current year, you can’t run the race until the following year. Since I qualified on March 5, I’ll be toeing the line on April 16, 2007. I’m not entirely sure why they do this, but I think it’s because the race is already full by then, and it would be horrible to run two marathons in less than two months.
In honor of Patriot’s Day, I didn’t work out – flew back from San Diego in the morning (what was to be a 3 hr seamless transition back to the workday became a 5 hr journey, and a mid-day arrival to work. United sucks.)
I went to Home Depot on the way home to get paint for my new apartment (cause I have time to paint...right). The Home Depot ads lie - the salespeople were not at my beck and call, and the dude did not seem too happy about telling me how to paint! But, Gallery Taupe it shall be - hopefully it will look ok, because I don't have time to go back to the store.
1 comment:
Hi Mo ~ I am hoping to be running Boston in 2007 too. Keep up the great IronMan training. You continue to inspire. ~ Julie
Post a Comment