10.03.2009

Alright already

I think one post a month is perfectly acceptable. Except that in Fuqua-time, a month is the equivalent to about 3 years.

- I got sick the day before Campout began, so I ended up bailing about 10 hours into it. 3:30 a.m. drive home from school? No traffic. I love how I survived 3 months in NYC without ever getting sick, and get got the crud within a week of returning to class.

- The upside was I got to actually SEE my parents, who came down to take care of the bird dog. I went back on Saturday for a few hours and learned just - how- horrible I am at Corn Hole (like really, I can't even describe...I got cheers if I even got the bag NEAR the board).

- I quit Admissions Fellows. Four days later, I un-quit. Fuqua changed their interview policy this year so I will probably be begging for hours. In two weeks I've worked two hours. At this rate I might be able to buy one pair of shoes by the end of the year.

- I got an offer for Amex (yay!) but I am not sure if I will take it (boo). You know, cause why take a job with a Fortune 100 company in the middle of a recession if you can have no job and be out on the street instead?

- I missed two weeks of long runs. The first, for Campout (see above). The second was the very next weekend, for Admissions Fellows Training (also above). While I'd hoped I might motivate and do my long run on my own the day afterwards, AF training was followed by 108 sun salutations at Carborro Yoga Co. Awesome in theory, and even in practice. After? Not awesome. My hamstrings hurt for 4 days. There was no running.

- Last week I returned to Godiva and ran 12. Big mental victory. Slooowww on very, very hilly trails. But I ran with 4 gals I'd never met so it made the time go by much quicker.

- Today I ran 15 (take that, Sherlock) and while I hurt a lot at the end, I am so psyched I made it. I am still a bit behind where I "ought" to be (a girl I ran with today is running Atlanta, and ran 17, and it's 4 days after mine) but I will get there. I also got to espouse some tips on marathon nutrition, and carrying Endurolytes so they don't melt.

- Two weeks left of class, then finals, and then fall break. Fortunately I only have one final this term. I am staying put for fall break, which I am really happy about. Looking forward to sleeping, running, hanging with Turkey, and working on my mentored study (which I have been woefully neglecting).

Alrighty then. There's a post.

1 comment:

Mama Marathon said...

Yay for the offer and yay for the long run! Hope you are feeling better soon. xoxo