9.11.2005

Dad visits, try to workout


Sunday, 9/4
San Francisco Grand Prix....all my professional cycling idols (well, almost all...no Ullrich and no Julich and of course no Tyler or Lance) all in one spot. Awesome. For the third year in a row, my friend Julie from USF got me into her husband's company (McGuire Real Estate, I love you)'s VIP tent. So cool. This year's spot was the best ever - just before the finish line.

I deposited Dad in the tent and went scouting around to see what was where, and I come back to find my dad talking to Dave Zabriskie. Of cours he had no idea he was talking to Dave Zabriskie. DZ was scamming a glazed donut and coffee with cream from the McGuire tent. Awesome. Coffee right on into the water bottle - gotta love it. I wanted to take a picture of this scene and he made me swear I was not from the press. Definitely not, but this was classic.

Mon 9/5
Played tourist, took a boat ride on the Bay. It was cool. Enough said. Went to Delfina, which was so yummy, but not quite as good as I remembered. Oh well, they still have Slovenian wine. Swam 45" in afternoon, and tried to lift (Sort of).

Tues 9/6
Back to work.

Weds 9/7
Went to track...not to run (hamstring still hurts) but to try to recruit Joe to the Ironteam. Didn't work...he is "mulling it over." Went home.

Thurs 9/8

Fri 9/9

Sat 9/10
Woke up at 6 to go staff TNT water stop (the karmic cycle begins..) Ran aid station at Mile 11/15 for a long time. Took longer to find said aid station that to run it. Was interesting and cold. Wow. 18 miles. I definitely do not remember how to do that!

Sunday 9/11
Woke up at 5 to go meet Kamal and company at bridge for memorial run at 5:30. he didn't abandon me this year - but I drove about 65 mph through the Presdio (seriously, who is there at that hour) to make it on time. Maria, Joe, Kamal, Jen, Bobbie, Larry (it was his 50th birthday!), me, Andrea...think that was it. A good crew. Took off and ran about 5 miles, up in the Headlands. Stopped for a moment of silence on the Marin side before heading back - back to the cars eating coffee and donuts by 6:45. Insane. We saw the same guy we saw last year about midway across the bridge - he's a SF Fire Dept guy in a wheelchair, likely doing the same thing we are - we told him we'll have to join forces next year.

No comments: