Ok, I am over yesterday. Today we had a workout so short, we were done by 10 a.m.! I got to behave like a normal person! (normal being relative, of course). We had a swim at Campolindo, so I did the warmup (a 5 min swim, 5 min kick, and 5 min pull, and then 500 yards of drills). Then I got out to begin the dreaded water running-alone- while the rest of the team swam. I needed to run 16 miles today, so I planned to do half in the water and half on the road. I ran for 45 minutes alone (boring, boring, boring), and then the rest of the team joined me. Wayne sped this up with a relay water-running race (which I think we won...not that I'm remotely competitive).
Then, 10 a.m., done! I watched football (Go Steelers, thanks for the home field advantage)! I read the New York Times AND the SF Chronicle (the latter being primarily for the Target ad...which is actually funny, since I despise going to Target. I just like the ad.) I made eggs and toaster waffles with yogurt and pumpkin butter! I put on makeup and went to look at a potential apartment! (2 cute sounding boys, figured even if place was crap, could result in date. Negative on both.) Oh yes, and then I had to go run 8 1/2 more miles. It was a nice, sunny winter day in the city, so I ran down to the beach and back, with a little extension along Great Highway.
Week in review:
Mon 1/9 - off
Tues 1/10 - 45 min on ellipitcal. No stress fx confirmed, yahoo. Still, wants me in water for rest of week.
Wed 1/11 - 45 min water running. So boring. Contemplate difficulty of master's swim workout. Teammate Megan performs life-altering ART on shin, pain goes away for first time in weeks.
Thurs 1/12 - 45 min water running. Still boring. Contemplate 6 pack abs of various master's swim workout participants.
Fri 1/13 - swim 1800 yds
Sat 1/14 - bitter swim workout in Bay, swim 1000 yards, ride 60 min on trainer
Sun 1/15 - swim 1500 yards, run in water 1:18, run on road 1:12. Total for day: 3 hrs.
I've been neglecting core workouts and strength training of any kind...need to get back on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment