I love recovery week. Oh, how I love it so! In addition to having ridiculously short workouts, we also don't have a coached workout on either weekend day. I am behaving like a normal person! (using 'normal' loosely, of course). This is such a mental lift. I did laundry, I just got my car smogged, I'm going to finish my taxes, I'm going to brunch with a non-tri friend, etc etc etc. Woohoo!
I might be better off without recovery week, though - in a span of less than two hours on Thursday I bought a new bike and decided to move. Then I had an asthma attack (more likely, says my mother the good nurse, a panic attack. Awesome!)
Workouts for the week (not what we were supposed to do...what I did):
Sat 3/25 - swim 2300. Also supposed to spin, but I am not putting my new baby on the trainer before I take it on the road. Tom (old bike) is pedal-less, and I am not taking the pedals off new baby to put them back on Tom. And it is raining, and I am not taking new baby for first ride in the rain. So, too bad for me. Also lifting/core training after the swim - somehow I managed to skip that all week (oops).
Fri 3/24 - ran 30 minutes before work. My first weekday morning workout in about a year- but my group had a retreat in the city so I didn't have to commute. Hooray!
Thurs 3/23 - test rode new bikes for about 10 miles. Close enough to a workout to count (I worked hard enough to sweat....and I saw Robin Williams riding)
Weds 3/22 - Resting HR spiked again, so I took the day off (was supposed to do the 30 min run I did on Friday)
Tues 3/21 - Ride on trainer 45 minutes (about 12 miles). Hate trainer. Like excuse to watch "Access Hollywood." But why is Tom Cruise such a jerk? Because he is insane?
Mon 3/20 - swam 1500 yards at Koret after work. Felt awesome to be in pool and stretch out. Hate swimming short course (25 yds each way). Work on flip turns.
No comments:
Post a Comment