Mon 5/30 – Memorial Day
No work, no workout! Had the best of intentions of going on a solo ride, just to get some more time in the saddle. Uh. No. Canned this in favor of 5 ½ hours of “the Real Housewives of Orange County” (truly, this is an excellent show), followed by a short 4 ½ mile run to Robin Williams’ and back. (you know, 'cause he’s home waiting for me to run by).
Tues 5/31
Easy swim at lunch – 2100 meters. Core training and weights after work, before driving to San Jose for Madonna concert. And on that topic, let me just say the following:
Madonna, freaking Madonna. I want to be this woman. I want to look as half as good as she does NOW, let alone when I am 47. That lady can move. Best show I have ever been to in my whole entire life. Her fan base is solid: 30s women and gay men of all ages!
Weds 5/30
It was an ugly morning. Driving home from San Jose after show, going to bed at 12:30 and waking up at 6 does not lend itself to a happy beginning. I should have known it was going to be a shitty day!
Swam 1600 m at lunch, just to loosen things, wake up, and get in some yardage. Felt great in pool – I hope this continues.
Returned to my car at CalTrain after work to find it vandalized – oh yes, I have time for this. This is the third time in a YEAR this stupid car has been broken into. (can I point out it is a ’93 Honda with body damage and 130,000 miles on it? What the hell, people – break into a BMW!) Only this time, there was added spice: The smashed the window (the other two times they’ve rolled it down, very considerate). They DIDN’T steal the stereo, my bike trainer, my workout clothes, heart rate monitor, or Marilou’s bike tires, all of which were in the trunk (total value: $700+). They DID steal 3 boxes of PowerBars, $5 Old Navy flip flops, old running shoes, and my car first aid kit -- also all in the trunk. Oh, and they took the Armor All (total value: $50).
I drove to Kezar with no window, conferring all the way with the helpful folks at State Farm. Did the workout (total running, appx 6 miles – lots of 800 repeats I think – I was too distracted even to use my watch). Larry kindly vacuumed all the glass out with his shop vac and patched some cardboard over the hole. SFPD rejected my online police report because I didn't itemize each powerbar and flip flop. Bureaucracy, gotta love it.
Thurs 6/1
Dropped car off at glass place to get it fixed - conveniently located next to CalTrain depot. Spin at night….class was almost entirely empty because everyone is tapering for Alcatraz this weekend. This didn’t stop him from kicking our asses. Rode hard for 60 minutes, then ran outside with Megan for 35.
Fri 6/2
Worked from home, so had grand plans of riding in morning. Or swimming at noon. Neither of which happened. Decided today was good day off (and felt guilt-free, since, after all, I did work out on Monday). Gathered crap and drove to Tahoe in evening with Heather and Rhian, arriving to scary little cabin at 11:30 at night. But ahh, the fresh mountain air!
1 comment:
Remind me never to let you borrow my car. ;)
Seriously, I'm sorry about that. And I'm glad they didn't take the good stuff. But don't you think it would have been easier for the thief to steal the flip flops directly from Old Navy?
Post a Comment