6.15.2006

Insert Witty Title Here

I'm tired. Really, really tired. You could land a 747 in the living room and I wouldn't notice. Exhausted. Beyond all comprehension. Blame Berryessa, and just over 5 weeks to go til the big day.

Mon 6/12 - Wake up with no problem, vaguely sore (keeping up with the big boys during Sunday's run was a bad idea). Intend to lift/core at lunch, but soreness has increased so much by then that I know lifting would be a bad idea. Go to gym and do nothing but stretch for 30 minutes. Go home, eat dinner, pass out.

Tues 6/13 - More exhausted. Manage to get to pool with aquajogger at lunch, and run around for 45 minutes. Still sore, but water feels good. Student asks me if I'm on the cross-country team, I feel super happy that they think I'm 21. Reapply eye cream, it must work. Go home, eat dinner, pass out.

Weds 6/14 - Eyes don't open. Mainline coffee into bloodstream, but to no avail. Swim 2500 at lunch, spend rest of day eating. Go home, eat dinner, pass out.

Thursday 6/15 - First day all week I'm awake. Lift/core at lunch. Spinning after work, then stretch. Get carded when buying wine for gift (eye cream really works!). Go home, eat dinner, pass out.

Friday 6/16 - Track workout at High Noon in Palo Alto. 91 degrees (literally, I am not exaggerating). Warmed up for 20, then 3x1 mile repeats. 7:35, 8:30 (supposed to be slow!), and 7:17. Quickly cooled down for 5 (supposed to be 20), then rushed back to work and inhaled lunch.

Suddenly, weekend again.

1 comment:

Veeg said...

Five weeks! You rock.