Don't you want to help raise $10,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society? Our team has now crossed $537,000 - unbelievable. This is real money, doing real things in the fight for a cure. To help, click the "donate now" button on the right.
Shameless self-promotion: 8 teammates have raised over $10,000. Please help me be the 9th!
Weekend workouts were interesting. Saturday, we had to ride 60-90 minutes and then run 30. I hate (despise, detest, fear, curse) riding alone. I happen to still have my old bike (Tom), who is too small for me, and will be put up for sale in August. However, most of my teammates are without their bikes, leaving me....alone. How much do I hate it? I put on my biking clothes at 11:00 a.m. I left the house at 4:30 p.m.
I should have gone earlier, of course, because once I was out there (and it was fine), I was in the path of every godforsaken, well-meaning, unsuspecting tourist and yahoo in Golden Gate Park. So much that I feared for my life, thinking how one car door opening, or one pedestrian not looking or one vehicle speeding would end my ten months of training. (also I have not touched this bike in a few months, so it creaked and groaned and squealed...not very pleasant). At 45 minutes, I abandoned ship for my sanity, and cycled home, then went out on the run.
Sunday we had our annual "run to Louie" and visited Louie's gravesite. Louie is buried in Los Altos, so we met at a school and then ran the 2 miles to his headstone. For the next 90 minutes, we shared stories of Louie, and each of our own stories - why we were doing this, and who inspired and motivated us.
Four of our teammates did Ironman Austria on Sunday, and while the run kept me from watching three of them, I had the awesome chance to watch Susan finish live. It was incredible to be sitting at my kitchen table in San Francisco, and watching her finish 7,000 miles away in Klagenfurt, Austria. I screamed and hooted and jumped up and down - just awesome
No comments:
Post a Comment