Friday 7/7
Still not feeling 100%, but I only have less than two weeks before we leave and I will be hopelessly far behind if I don't get cracking on a few things...so I went back to work.
After work, swam at Koret. Arrived and discovered I'd forgotten just about everything. No towel, no comb, no shorts to do core (which I am not supposed to be doing anyway, so maybe this was subliminal). Just suit, goggles, water. Swam 3,200 sloooowly and then begged nice student worker for towel. Apparently being a drippy lady standing in the lobby is a good way to get a free towel.
Most depressing part of swim - Pete showed up and his ENTIRE WORKOUT (1,100) was shorter than ONE of our sets (3x400). So he was in, out, and done and I was still on the same set as when he arrived. The only thing that kept me from being bitter is knowing that I will be doing that short 1,100 yard workout next Friday!
If I were doing Canada I probably would have drowned him. (sorry Canada teammates who are reading this...you folks are suckers!!!)
Spent the rest of the evening putting new tires on my bike so they'll have just about 50 miles on them for race day (literally...this took me an hour. There were many cuss words and tears. Fortunately it all worked out. Let's hope it took this long because they are new tires, and not because I am an incompetent moron. If so, and this happens on race day....well, I am screwed).
No comments:
Post a Comment