I had a 20% off coupon for Sports Basement that I got at the SF half a few weeks ago. It expired over the weekend, so I dropped a bunch of money I didn't need to spend on some new gear, including new running shoes (which I don't need now, but will soon enough, and 20% is 20%). I took them out of the box the other night, just to see how the new "GTS 7" is all that much different than the "GTS 6" (the model from the past couple of years).
How is it different?
There is a little circle on the instep that says "MoGo."
I shit you not. How cool is that?!
Last week went as planned...nothing terribly exciting on the training front, other than upping my leg press weights (oww) and rediscovering pushups (super oww). Spin on Thursday was a killer and I wanted to die in the middle of class. Kim and I did our long run together on Sunday, and it was SO NICE to have a buddy to run with again. It made it go so much faster - we ran through the Presidio, Land's End Trail, out Great Highway, and back through the Park.
After the run, I took my first ice bath of the season (remarkably more painful than I remember - and I only used 7lbs of ice), and then headed out to watch the Prologue of the Tour of California. My slow camera meant I took more pictures of pavement than of the riders, but it was cool nonetheless. I capped off the day with Minnie and Jon, at a talk by Greg Lemond and Phil Liggett on the '89 Tour. I hadn't seen any footage (other than of Lemond with head in his hands, Fignon crying on the ground, which I think gets played every summer) since the actual event in '89, so it was pretty cool to watch it with the players at hand. I generally think Lemond is a bit of an idiot, but he told some great stories, and he is truly a legend in his own right.
I'm actually ready to start swimming again - all this lifting and pounding on the pavement has me feeling a little compressed.
This week:
Mon - core/stretch. Planned to ride to Sausalito to watch the Tour of California depart. Didn't happen.
Tues - Stamina run outside - 6.5 miles with hard pickups
Weds - Spin, core
Thurs - Fly to Arizona
Fri - Treadmill fast run, lift
Sat - hmm...relax...swim...relax
Sun - long trail run in AZ
1 comment:
MoGo - Awesome!!!!! Have fun in AZ!
Post a Comment