First real long run in a really long time (is that redundant??). After pouring all day yesterday, the rain finally came to a stop sometime during the night. I lay in bed for an hour after my alarm went off, willing the rain to begin again, so I'd have a somewhat-legitimate excuse for not doing the long run. Alas. Wasn't gonna happen. Got out of bed and procrastinated for another hour, and finally set out around 10. Oh. My. I didn't bring my iPod, as the skies looked as though they might open up again at any moment. Last weekend the adrenaline of the race helped to conceal how truly terrible I felt. Today, nothing - just me and my feet and my really achy legs.
I ran through the Presidio, down to Crissy Field, stopped to watch the surfers under the Golden Gate Bridge ("watch the surfers"...er, catch my breath). Then I ran up on the trail under the Bridge, and out along the Coastal Trail down past Baker Beach, out to Seacliff (hi Robin!) and onto the Land's End trail. It was somewhere around here where I realized how tired I was, and realized my only options were running slowly home, or taking the bus. Pride and a $20 bill (exact change only) kept me from the bus. I'd run out of water, and gel, but a quick stop at the Cliff House gave me new fluids, and I set back for home.
Glad I made myself do it, but looking forward to running with Kim next weekend as a break from the monotony!
The week ahead:
Mon - celebrate my 21st birthday for the 12th time. Or crawl in hole.
Tues - run after work, before I begin my statistics class @ Stanford (and I did this voluntarily...)
Weds - M2 treadmill run at lunch, lift
Thurs - M2 spin pm
Fri - swim or lift
Sat - ride 2 hr or spin if it's raining
Sun - run long with Kim
No comments:
Post a Comment