9.14.2008

JLo does a triathlon!

JLo did the Nautica Triathlon! Once upon a time I looked better than this in a wetsuit (probably not now. And I'm not going to find out!). However, JL0 had twins in February, and I most decidedly did not.... so, good for her. Way to kick some butt!

I spent appx 12 hrs a day at school every day for the past week (high of 14 and low of 9 today). This includes my "day off" on Wednesday, as well as the weekend. Good times! Oh wait. Yesterday I slept til 11. Never mind. Well, 6 out of 7 days is still a lot. School is...hmm, how shall I say... hard.

I did manage to keep up with the "30 Minutes (and not a second more) of Exercise, Every Other Day is Better than Nothing" plan, which is good. However, the most fun came on Friday, with my first-ever Hash House Harriers run. HHH is international, but the 'chapter' at Fuqua does it just once a term. Loosely, it's a "drinking club with a running problem." About 50 people showed up, the vast majority of them Second Years (and about 6 first years). It was AWESOME. We only ran about 25 minutes total, but that included through the Law School and chemsitry buildings, by the greenhouses, through the university student center and parking garage, by the sports center, etc. Every 10 minutes or so there was a "Beer Stop." Running with beer stops....whoa. I have enough problems drinking when I am at a standstill! By way of coronation, all of the newbies had to chug a beer at the end. If you couldn't finish chugging it, you had to pour it on your head.

Who do you think was the only one out of 30 newbies who had to pour beer on her head? Yup. Ah well, it is a lovely conditioner and my hair had a lot of bounce yesterday!

2 comments:

Mama Marathon said...

I assure you, you look better than JLo in a wetsuit. :)

hez said...

JLo finished in 2 hours and 23 minutes!?! I was like, please tell me it's a friggin spring triathlon. And it was. Yay!