10.17.2008

Concerned Blogger Friends (all 4 of you)

I am still here. But, how to explain the past six weeks, which made up Term 1? (or really, the past three weeks, since my failed Econ midterm? And lest you think I am exaggerating, let me note...I really did fail! It was only (haha, "only") 35% of my grade...so hopefully I can still pass if I do well on the final. Sadly it is not cumulative - sadly, since I finally understand the first part. Deadweight loss, anyone? Consumer surplus? Thankfully, however, I am not moving this weekend, so I can actually study appropriately. I think. I don't have any more episodes of Gossip Girl to watch, anyway.

Here is what I did today. Multiply times 21 and you will understand (maybe) why I am not blogging. And this was a Friday, which is fun. I am running an average of 1:30 (TOTAL) a week, and sleeping appx 5-6 hrs a night. If I go to bed before midnight that is now considered "early."

Finals are Mon-Weds (three finals, three hour exams), and Thurs morning, ass-early, I fly to NYC for a week of schmoozing as I try to get a summer internship. Which, yes, we are already working on.

Example, today:
630 am - awake, email, shower, pack mule for day (I need a mule to carry all my books/assignments)
730 am - leave house
745 am - arrive school, pick up pre-assignment packs for term 2 (all 1" thick, awesome. To be done on "break")
8-9 am - career cabinet meeting (I am rep for my section to career center); miss team meeting for this meeting
9-10 am - section cabinet meeting
10-1020 am - still section cabinet meeting, since section rep does not know how to run a freaking meeting. He is 27, what do you expect. Highly agitated.
1030-1245 - management communication, last class
1245-145 - lunch on nonprofit consulting w/ '08 grad
130-345 - microeconomics, last class. Fall asleep, but so does most of section. But I sit in front row, where it is more noticeable. Take turns hitting my neighbor to wake one another up.
345-415 - section meeting. Leave immediately after my part so I can make it to my "commitment" at 4 pm.
415-444 - run. I skip weekly Job Search Meeting so I can be sure to run at least once, and this is run w/ running club
500-530 - shower and dress, again
530-630 - highly entertaining and super interesting speech by Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan. Packed.
630-830 - volunteer for Taste of the Triangle, a fundraiser for MBA Games (special olympics) and part of Fuqua Friday. Serve food to classmates. Eat passable burrito and drink water, diet coke and beer while volunteering
830-930 - end of term FuquaVision (sketch comedy).
1000 - half of Fuqua goes out, the other half goes home. I went home. It is freezing cold and pouring rain.
1015 - eat 17 cookies.
1030 - feel ill.

Tomorrow and Sunday will be....all study, all day. Econ, Stats and Accounting.... whoa.

Julie, Diana, and Min: have an awesome run at Nike. I will be thinking of you all and I wish (wish wish wish!) I were there. Though at this point I'd likely run a 5 hour half, so it's probably just as well.

3 comments:

hez said...

hi, it was 80 degrees in SF today. aaa haaaa! (just kidding)keepp up the good work!

Unknown said...

aw, Mo! Now you know why the PDA was invented :) Just think how nice and relaxing the holidays will be... eventually (esp. the driving home rather than dealing with airport madness)!

Star said...

Wow Mo, surprised you even got to sleep, let alone run! Missed having you at the race yesterday, they added 2 more hills to the course just to mess with us.Hang in there!