9.06.2011

Still hangin

Maybe my blogger days were left behind when I left the Ironman-solid thighs behind? Not sure, but I am amazed by the blogs I read whose authors write long, funny, picture-filled posts ever single day. Sure, I did that once upon a time, but that was when I didn't work very hard (at work) and spent most of my time thinking about my athletic endeavors. I get the feeling my bloggy friends have the ability to do all, and I'm amazed.

I don't have my official doctor-interpreted-to-English MRI report, but I do have the results, and it includes words such as: "osteoarthritis," "extensive soft tissue edema," and "consider further MRI."

Soooo...we shall see. I tried to ride outside over the weekend, and unfortunately the clip-out motion aggravates the heck out of Angry Ankle. So back on the spin bike I go; perhaps this will prompt me to set up the new trainer I've had for a year and a half (thanks, Duke triathlon). Several people, including my mom's hardcore bike mechanic - who supports most domestic IM races - suggested I swap out my Look pedals for the old school platform pedals. I just cannot bring myself to do that. Some pride remains.

In the meantime, I am dreaming up ways to decorate the boot for a gala I have to attend for work next week. In a room full of 600 feds and corporate sponsors at a black tie event, I guarantee I'll be the only one in a boot and a running shoe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! My boyfriend broke his ankle in June, so we got to know one of those boots very well. 3 months later he's now able to walk, but I don't think clipping in/out will agree with the metal in his leg quite yet.