9.15.2007

Procrastination

There's no better time to update your blog then when you're sitting at home, 7 days from the GMAT, part deux, faced with a mound of things to study (and I wonder why I did so stellarly on the quant the first time around....).

First, I just have to say, those people who took the GMAT in the old days (like 1998) when it was still on paper had it EASY. I have six paper tests I've downloaded from the evil-doers at mba.com. I do very well on these. Because THEY ARE EASY. No wonder everyone I know with an MBA went to a good school -- they could all get in!

Whatever. It will be here and I'll deal. And as soon as it's over I can start complaining about my essays.

The nice people at REI fixed my seagull-marred Thule rack today, free of charge. After they stopped laughing, that is. Next time a seagull flies into your car, take heart -- go to REI.

Finally, in running news (I didn't say this was an inspired post), I ran 12 or 13 miles this morning. Woo! Not quite sure of the distance because I've stopped wearing a watch - namely because my cheap-ass (actually expensive-ass, illegal-sweatshop-made) Nike one has broken AGAIN and I have to find the receipt AGAIN before I can take it back to Niketown AGAIN and make them give me a free one AGAIN; but also because we got a little lost at the beginning and added on some time. It's amazing how quickly the fitness has come back - we ran up a Presidio trail that almost flattened me a month ago, and this time I jabbered the whole way up. 30 miles for the week, plus two trips to the gym to lift. I'm not quite back to 75-boy-pushups-fit, but damn it, I'm on my way!

Watch your back, Beantown (and your stupid little seagulls, too).

1 comment:

Mama Marathon said...

You rock. I am not worthy!! Remember, brain fitness is just like body fitness. Keep drilling and cramming and you will rock the GMAT.