8.19.2008

Undoing 4 years of Wellesley education

I spent 4 years being hammered on always writing in the present tense (or at least avoiding the passive voice at all costs). (I don't think those are equivalent. Work with me.) Business writing, apparently, is all about the past, passive voice. Jesus H.

And seriously, Durham is a pit. Cheery Mo will now post what she cannot avoid. I hate it and I miss SF more terribly than I can even vocalize. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

(now I'll really see who reads this damn blog.)

4 comments:

Mama Marathon said...

I guess Wellesley must have rubbed off on me, b/c I am wiping tears of sadness from my eyes about writing in past/passive tense. Not that I'm so great about using my present tense, but at least I appreciate that that's where I am supposed to be. Note to self: Never go to B school.

Durham might suck, but just remember that a)it is temporary and b)you are so close to lots of friends and family who are delighted that you are here!! xoxo

Katie said...

Ok this just means you don't stay in Durham. That leaves lots of other east coast options for you!!

I'm in RA training and I want to poke my eyes out

Anonymous said...

Hey Mo, I'm sorta glad that you miss SF (because, after all, who wants to be immediately forgotten in favor of someone 'better'?). On the other hand, you made a decision with the facts available, and you gotta give Durham, etc, a few months yet. And I do check your blog just about every weekday.

hez said...

Oh Mo! It's only temporary. This brings to mind when you started Stanford and cried every day for 3 weeks and then after that hurdle you loved it. (I on the other hand cried for 3 weeks and still hated it). You will be fine! You will do great! And you'll probably actually go on a date with a guy who is emotionally available. Huzzah!