7.09.2008

And on the fourth day, there was no power

The power has gone out three times since I moved in. Apparently this is "common" in NC, from summer storms/hurricanes/tornadoes (who knew!). Last night it went out for over two hours (this means NO A/C!!!). My parents are staying in a hotel less than a mile away, where there was power. We came back to my apt around 10:30 pm to check the status, and despite the power still being off, I decided to stay in my own bed anyway. It came back on about a half an hour later.

My parents are going back to Virginia this afternoon, which means reality check is about to occur!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maureen,

I am so glad you are keeping us all up to date on your cross country adventure and that you and your mom did well and are safely there!
CA, SF, & SU miss you so already! xo -t2