7.29.2008

A trip to NYC

I spent Mon-Weds of this week NYC, where I had the chance to visit Morgan Stanley and learn more about a career in finance (and specifically, private wealth management). It was very interesting, and I met some interesting people. (All of the attendees were women MBAs, and there were four of us out of the 80 who were from Fuqua). After three weeks in the hot and humid South, NYC felt cool by comparison --that's a scary thought!

Monday night my brother took a bus into the city, and we spent several hours walking around (and saw Scarlett Johannsen!). Then he treated me to dinner, which was really awesome. We had a good time and I enjoyed a Hoegaarden while he had a mojito. There is a nice picture, but I can't seem to locate my camera cord (and I've seen it in NC! But without living with Jen, my apartment is a pigsty). Before the long day at MS on Tuesday (8 am to 7 pm), I went for a quick run in Central Park. Then on Wednesday I took the bus back to Laguardia and flew back to Durham, where I'm back in my earthquake-apartment that shakes every 5 minutes. Whee. At LGA they were calling the shuttle for "Viera" and "Curry." (coincidence? probably not!)

No comments: