Dislikes:
1) Living in the Triangle is like LIVING ON THE SUN. It is so freaking hot I cannot even explain. I have not run since the day I left San Francisco. Maybe sometime in October I'll be able to resume.
2) Cheap, mass-produced housing mean the walls shake, like mini-earthquakes, whenever my neighbors breathe (or walk, or run their washing machine, garbage disposal, or dishwasher).
3) No sidewalks. Zero. How the hell am I supposed to walk anywhere? You want me to drive to Starbucks? No wonder 60% of America is obese!
4) Lots of things are closed on Sunday (Go God!). I was going to check out Carrburrito tomorrow, but I had the good sense to look it up. Closed. Maybe I should check out God instead (maybe the churches serve burritos!)
5) Not being in the same time zone as many of my friends.
Likes:
1) Everyone is so freaking nice. Everyone, from the checkout ladies at Target to the Goodwill attendants (all I have been doing is shopping for my apt.) My mailman already knows me, and asked after my parents - whom he also already knows.
2) The ability to HAVE a washing machine, garbage disposal, and dishwasher in my apartment (see #2, above).
3) You don't have to pay for parking! Anywhere! There are huge, giant parking lots just waiting for cars to sit in them.
4) Yuengling beer. You can't get that on the West Coast.
5) My new Costco membership. You have no idea.
6) Being in the same time zone as my parents, and many of my friends. (I'm still calculating the time difference each time I talk to my mom, only to realize...it's the same time.)
6-5. Not bad for week 1.
No comments:
Post a Comment